One day I'm gonna do a blog post that doesn't involve showing the world my crazy humour...
Here be rules:
1. Use the Infinity Dreams Award picture
2. Thank the blogger who tagged you
3. Tell us 11 facts about yourself
4. Answer the 11 questions
5. Tag 11 bloggers
(Thanks greatly to Clare for the picture, I couldn't of made something anywhere near as cool)
Why? Why do these things tell you to tag so many other blogs? Why? Meh...just another rule for me to break I guess. So...I've followed the first two rules, now for the third!
1. I like listening to The Hobbit soundtracks. Even while going to sleep...Apparently that's weird because they sound creepy. I like 'em though, along with a heap of other soundtracks.
2. I am actually fairly rule abiding, whatever it looks like when I do a tag/award and break all the rules.
3. I have a TARDIS brain/imagination. It's bigger on the inside and never runs out of room and ideas.
4. I have a large collection of dead pens that I'm yet to discover a use for but I'm sure they'll come in handy sometime.
5. Now this is a really important one: When I take of my glasses I don't turn completely blind. Everything is slightly blurry, but I'm not blind and can still count how many fingers someone is waving in front of my face. Amazing, I know!
6. I haven't given up on my Chemistry yet...I'm just wading through it, understanding a reasonable amount and pretending I understand the other parts. :) So far, so good.
7. I have a habit of randomly tapping my fingers on stuff, be it my legs, the table, bench, book...basically whatever happens to be under my hands at the time. I don't even think about it, it just happens by itself!
8. I don't like chocolate. I've said this a lot of times before, but it's still true. It's amazing how many people forget! I might have known them forever but if I just happen to mention my dislike of the stuff they'll be utterly horror-struck. For example, my aunt gave me some chocolate for Christmas...
9. I have only had my first name spelled wrong once, and that was with a 'y' in it (Jayne). I didn't actually mind because it looked kind of cool. Besides, we were good friends with the person who did it, and they'd only known us for half a year.
10. I have an aversion to talking on the phone. I just don't like the awkward silences, the mind blanks of what to say, the lack of being able to use facial expressions. It's just...egh. It's not like I'm afraid of answering the phone...it's just I don't like to.
11. I once half dislocated my cousin's wrist while doing an arm wrestle. She spent the next few minutes muttering over her wrist while trying to fix it.
Phew, eleven facts done. Here comes the questions, not to mention their answers...
1. What is your biggest hobby?
I was going to say something like archery but I've decided that my writing is a much bigger hobby. Much harder too. But it's so rewarding when someone says they liked it and it affected them. It's really encouraging to have people like that.
2.Who is your biggest inspiration?
Aside from the obvious Jesus, I'm not really sure. But following on that style of inspiration...The pastor we used to have at our church had a really lovely wife and she really inspired me in many ways. Same goes for our current pastor's wife.
But I can't mention them without giving a short word about my mum. She's truly a wonderful person, and I wouldn't be the person I am without her.
3. What is your favourite piece of music (can be either classical or modern)?
I really don't know. I'm a musical person so I have a lot of songs that I like. As I mentioned earlier I like soundtracks. I have a large stack of soundtrack music books in my music drawer including: The Man from Snowy River, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Tangled, Brave, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit (three books, one for each movie), Pirates of the Caribbean and one of a random bunch of tunes from different movies.
There are a few songs that we sing at church which I quite like: No Other Name (Trevor Hodge) and Man of Sorrows. Also, just yesterday we listened to 'The Simple Gospel' during communion and I really liked it. Playjerise ain't bad either.
To tell the truth I don't think I have a specific favourite, I like too many.
4. What is something you wish you knew more about?
Umm, quite a few things. Martial arts could be a cool subject of knowledge and it would be useful in story writing.
5. What is your favourite quote?
This is the hardest question in my life. I have a huge arsenal of quotes, memorized from the hundreds of books I've read in my lifetime. I use them all in random conversation quite frequently. But choosing a favourite!? Could I actually do that? I doubt it, I seriously doubt it.
6. What is something you look forward to doing each day?
I dunno...Eating lunch?
7. What is your favourite way to get exercise?
Archery. Or Badminton. Both are fun, in different ways. In badminton I'm the one who does the crazy dives that don't actually work, and gets the grass stains on the knees of my jeans. I'm certain that everyone else agrees to play just so they can watch me running around after the shuttlecock and lying on the ground after a particularly epic dive. But it's good fun. :)
8. Describe yourself in three sentences:
Describe my personality or my looks? I'll presume personality because I've got a picture or two of me around my blog.
I'm amusing, sarcastic, and joking, for strangers I'm quiet and shy/awkward (the one sitting at the back of the room with a notebook, deep in thoughts of stories), but my good friends barely see that half of me. :D If a friend dares me to do something hilariously crazy or dangerous I'll probably do it, just for the laughs. I can be sensible at rare times, I like playing cool music (on both flute and guitar) and if you sneak into my room when I'm there alone you may just catch me acting out a scene from a story idea -- plus I'll be super embarrassed if you see me.
Sooo, there's a three sentence description of me. I have several other things I could add to that but I've used up my stock of full stops/periods. (I dunno why I bothered to mention that I was sarcastic and funny, you've just got to read this blog to find that out.)
9. What has been your biggest life achievement so far?
Living to the impressive age of fourteen-and-a-half.
10. What is something you learned recently?
I am extremely bad at answering serious questions in a serious way.
11. Where is the most interesting place you have ever gone?
Worlds away, in my imagination and that of others of my race. The race of writers. I can travel as far, and live as many lives as I wish.
Back to reality...It may not be the most interesting, but it is reasonably: I actually might say the sea. When we last went to the sea for a holiday (last year in May) I was really struck my the power of the sea. Nothing could stop it, nothing could ever tame it. It was wild, just the way God created it. I could just sit there staring out over the breaking waves and think. My thoughts weren't confined to any certain topic, I thought about a lot of different things, and never ran out of stuff to think about.
So, I'll say that the sea is greatly interesting
Looking back to the rules, I've got to tag/award some people and...Ooh, it doesn't say that I have to think up questions! I guess I'll do it anyway...just think up a couple tricky questions, what could go wrong? (Famous last words...)
I'll award my cousin Jessica from Inspiration. Jessica, this is in return for the Riddle Answering Prize that you gave me. :D
Now, since I've only awarded Jessica, I can think up some impossibly hard questions! Yay! My favourite occupation!
Here be your questions Jessica (I've been terribly nice and avoided the word 'favourite' because it is sooo hard to choose):
1. Are you guilty of hitting anyone uncommonly hard on the head?
2. A calorimeter holds 175.0 grams of water at an initial temperature of 25.3 °C. A 54.3 g piece of metal at 100.0 °C is dropped into the calorimeter, and the final temperature of the water is 27.1 °C. What is the specific heat of the metal? (*Evil laughs*) (How do you like the sound of Chemistry?)
3. What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought/are saving up to buy?
4. Have you ever injured yourself in a really silly way?
5. Do you have some specific aim for the future?
6. What's a movie you really like?
7. What's a book that you've dreamed about?
8. If you woke up in the middle of the night to someone blowing a party blower in your ear, who would you immediately suspect?
9. What would be your revenge?
10. If I allowed you a single trip in my TARDIS ('cause it's a well known fact that I'm secretly a Time Lord), where would you want to go? Or more importantly, when?
11. What's it like to have a crazy cousin like me?
I hope it takes you less than infinity to answer the questions, 'cause I'm amusedly waiting for your blog post! (If it takes too long, you'd better watch out for an extremely loud noise in the middle of the night.) :D