Friday 25 September 2015

Dusty Red - Skilf's Nonsensical Song

Okay. As I am still in the thinking stages of my next blog-story, I have decided to post a short(ish) piece of poetry (if you can call it that) composed by Skilf. She sent me a letter containing a while back and I think it may just amuse you.



Skilf’s Nonsensical Song
By Aforementioned Skilf

Your destiny must rest with me
I make a plea, well can’t you see
Your destiny is your density,
Be you up to my knee or one hundred and three!

A fly must fly, and a spider will spy her
A feather can’t sigh, and he cannot laugh either.
A flea’s too small, an ostrich too big,
Have you ever tried sailing a hermaphrodite brig? 

What about fighting with Apples? Limes? Chips?
I much prefer to do it with ships.
If you wish, you can float to the East China Sea
But I doubt that you’ll find your own destiny.

Because, your destiny, it rests with thee
It’s been said of me, I’m a difficulty.
But your destiny is your density,
No matter how spree or how ancient you be.

Thus ends the song of Skilf the Nonsensical.

Another thing that Skilf mentioned in her letter was that the words 'Part' and 'Aeronaut' are synonyms. Synonyms?! you ask. Aye, synonyms. She gave a whole list to prove her reasoning: 

Part
Instalment
Chapter
Episode
Segment
Fragment
Splinter
Shard
Spike
Confound
Mistake
Blunder
Error
Slip
Omission
Inadvertence
Oversight
Lapse
Wait
Gap
Fissure
Opening
Introductory
Exploratory
Trial
Pilot
Aviator
Aeronaut

So she figured that if all those words could come from a synonym of 'part' then they must all be synonyms of each other! She's quite an amusing person at times.


I hope this post dispelled some of the gloom from the ending of Dusty Red ~ The Story, because I don't want you to be gloomy.

 "I have found that being gloomy often results in a feeling of gloom." - Miss Freespirit.

Wait, what!? Who is this random Miss Freespirit? Ah! I have just given you the first glimpse of a new character.... Not the main character, but the second main character. I decided to call her 'Miss' for now so I can reveal her true name and identity a little later on.... For now, I leave you with a promise that I'm thinking hard as to how to begin the next story.

Fare Thee Well!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I like Skilf's logic.
    I look forward to meeting Miss Freespirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Miss Freespirit is quite an interesting person.... :D

      Delete

I love getting comments so don't hesitate to tap one out! (doesn't even have to be in Morse Code)

And I always reply to them, so don't forget to check back!