Saturday 4 April 2015

777

This is the 777 challenge, where you go to page 7, 7 lines down, and get the next 7 lines and put 'em in a blog post.
Ok that was a little confusing, how about Clare's wording:

The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 lines in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.

That may be makin' it a little easier to understand.



So, I went to 'The Bridge of Anskar' and got the 7 lines. But not off page 7-because I've got a few things before the actual beginning of the story (and it would make even less sense)-but of the 7th page after the beginning of chapter 1. (It would be even better if it was chapter 7)
At first I really wasn't sure what to do because the seven lines both start and finish in the middle of a sentence so... I cheated and at least got a little more ....Well, here goes anyway!
~
“Perhaps we can drag it off the path and into those bushes.” she looked at me, obviously not knowing how I would take the news.

I screwed up my face in a grimace of distaste, “You want me to touch that…that thing?” I asked in horror.

Leonora nodded, “it’s not as bad as you might think really, and there isn’t any blood. We should be able to do it.” 

I took a deep breath, “Ok, I’m ready,” I said, although I felt anything but that.
~
It doesn't really make much sense...
Out of curiosity I looked to see what it would be in chapter 7, quite interesting really, not that it makes any more sense out of context, but for your interest I've decided to let you read it:
~
 “We start as soon as we can, heading from one small out crop to the other. That way we’ll get some rests so we don’t….you know….” I trailed off, and Eumin nodded his understanding. 

“We’d best wake Leonora then.”

When I shook her Leonora’s eyes shot open and she leapt to her feet, then relaxed as she saw Eumin and me standing there, “Oh, I thought for a second that the soldiers had come,” she said sheepishly.
~
That is from chapter 7...as you can see it's a little disjointed.
I don't really know anyone else who has a WIP, if my cousin had a blog I'd nominate her but...(although I could do it for her, as I have a copy of  hers)
So I guess I'll nominate nobody! (unless you really want me to do another blog post in which I impersonate my cousin)
I think I do a lot of nominating nobody...

~ Jane, Misty Maiden

2 comments:

  1. Yay you finally did it! What is with all this weird "Voice" you have in your posts....? you don't really talk like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The talking? You be meanin' when I do this kinda thing? I really don't know, it probably has something to do with Old Ron (always blame your characters).

      Delete

I love getting comments so don't hesitate to tap one out! (doesn't even have to be in Morse Code)

And I always reply to them, so don't forget to check back!